Search This Blog

About Me

My photo
Just a dude who likes tacos.

Wednesday, September 18, 2013

DIY: GTA Car Kit iPod/MP3 Install

Ever wanted to connect your iPod or other device to your 6's radio? This is the kit for you! At $100, this kit is a great deal. It's a great mod for beginners since it is plug n play. This video is provided by the manufacturer as walks through the install. Only advice I'd like to add after doing it myself is:

1. Run the cable behind the plastic piece that is behind the stereo and down through the opening where the power adapter is.

2. Keep your device playing while putting everything back to make sure the connection is good.

3. I ran the iPod cable through the center console storage as shown in the video. I used pliers to pry off a few of the plastic pieces to get the cable through. There is a slot for cables to run through in the center console making it a really good place. Alternatively, you can run the audio jack to the side of the center console (which I did) to compensate for the cable's short length.

4. The audio cracks when I try charging my cell and playing audio through the speakers at the same time. That's the only bummer.

GTA Kit Link

No comments:

Post a Comment