Search This Blog

About Me

My photo
Just a dude who likes tacos.

Monday, July 21, 2014

Ebay / Amazon Exhaust


This post is more about my experience with the "Ebay Exhaust" rather than how to do the actual install (I'll get to that later). If you are looking for a budget friendly cat-back exhaust, this brandless beast is one option for you. Found on either Amazon or Ebay, you can get it with a burn tip finish or not. I'm not really big into the rainbow look, so I stuck with the stainless steel finish. Buying on Ebay will save you nearly $30, making the total come to $187. Not bad at all. What you get is a nice deep, low growl that sounds very nice. The exhaust comes with silencers, but I removed them. Just don't expect any whp out of this- this is solely for the sound.


This exhaust comes in four parts and comes with gaskets and bolts (the stock is three parts total). Installation is simple in theory- unbolt the old exhaust, bolt on the new exhaust. Ha, not so simple. Without the proper tools, don't expect those nuts to come off anytime soon. I soaked the bolts in PB Blast over the course of two weeks to no avail. During the removal of the stock exhaust, a hacksaw and propane torch were used to loosen the nuts, a socket wrench was stripped, and two bolt heads broke off. It took about four hours under jack stands. If you have $100 to spare, just have a shop do it for you and save yourself the trouble.


The fitment, as you can see, is a little off as the left muffler is too far to the right. The hangers on the left muffler are at a different angle and too short to make it hang correctly, so I will need to have someone fix that for me. I have not heard the exhaust knocking into the tow bar, but I'm it does seem to have a little swing when driving.




No comments:

Post a Comment